I provide writing and proofreading services with a particular interest in tabletop games.
As a lifelong gamer, I’m passionate about creating high quality tabletop games and helping them become the best they can be. My experience in and around gaming, along with a good working knowledge of history and mythology give me a head start on most projects. I’m easy to work with, efficient and on time. A list of my previous projects can be found here.
“Dan is one of our most valued external contributors – a keen-eyed proofreader, and a talented, reliable writer. During his work for the Tainted Grail project, he delivered excellent narrative parts, but he also surprised us with his deep understanding of the game’s world and lore. At the same time, his disciplined approach to technical briefs allowed us to integrate his text into the game seamlessly.”Krzysztof Piskorski, Lead Writer, Awaken Realms
Writing services include:
- Game scenarios.
- Characters and locations.
- Flavour text for game components such as action cards, locations, characters, etc.
- Story lines within games.
I have extensive experience in proofreading rules and other components for tabletop games, including 2 of Kickstarter’s top 10 tabletop games. Much of this experience comes from working with companies where English is a second language.
Proofreading services for tabletop games include:
- Ensuring consistency of game terms and keywords.
- High quality spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Suggestions for more efficient or evocative ways of communicating game materials.
- Feedback on rules and game materials where applicable.
- Turning translated English into native English that not only adds to the flavour of the game but ensures rules stand up to scrutiny while effectively communicating their game mechanics.
- US or UK English as required.
Please contact me for more information.